Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday Feature!

I remember well the first quilt I made. I was home sick for a number of days in a row and naturally, driving my mother crazy. So she sat me down with a 6 inch square template and fabric scraps, had me trace onto the pastel calico fabrics, and then cut them out with scissors. Boy am I glad that rotary cutters and rulers have come around!

The quilt? It ended up being crib sized and took me years to actually complete. But with any luck my own daughter will love it someday.

Welcome to Lily Loves... This week Lily shows off the cat quilts she'd give her right paw to cuddle up with! I've included 2 links this week, the first to the actual quilt information and the second to the artist's Etsy shop. Be sure to stop by their Etsy shops and show them some love!




















3 comments:

  1. Sad that the art of quilting is not nearly as popular as it once was. I will continue to do my part to help keep this alive with my handbags! Thanks for honoring the quilters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with Miss Pretty Perfect, no offense, but the art of quilting is alive and well, judging by the number of quit shops and people, women and men who love it! Your handbags are lovely by the way!
    I love the selection of cat quilts you show here! Thank you for featuring one of mine! I'm getting inspired to make another one!
    Mary-
    mkhquilts

    ReplyDelete
  3. And PS=that quilt sold today!! Thank you again.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete